Taurocholic acid, sodium salt
Taurocholic acid, sodium salt is manufactured by NZP from the steroid, cholic acid. It is a nature equivalent compound, chemically identical to the natural steroid produced in the liver of many animal species.
NZP manufactures taurocholic acid sodium salt from NZP's own cholic acid extracted from cattle bile (also known as "bovine bile" or "ox bile") , a by-product of the meat processing industry.
NZP's taurocholic acid is prepared from certified material from GBR 1 and GBR 2 countries.
Use of Chemical
- Taurocholic acid is a powerful biological detergent.
- It can also accelerate lipase activity.
- It has potential in the manufacture of vaccines and as a vehicle to assist with drug and vaccine delivery.
- CAS Number: 145-42-6
- Molecular Weight: 537.7
- Solubility: Water soluble
- Packaging: Taurocholic acid sodium salt is shipped sealed in polyethylene liners and packed in 1 - 10 kg plastic pails. Customer specific packaging can be provided.