Pharmaceutical Intermediates and Ingredients
NZP produces of a range of bulk pharmaceutical intermediates and pharmaceutical ingredients for supply to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide.
These bile acids have gained popularity with assistance to solubilise non-polar drugs for delivery in aqueous media by injection.
Microbiological Media and Fermentation Ingredients
NZP manufactures several refined bile products that are used as selective inhibitory agents in bacteriological media. These include pure sodium salts of bile acids, which are supplied to biotech and media companies worldwide.
NZP’s sister company, Dextra located in Reading, UK, undertakes custom carbohydrate synthesis and offers a catalogue of carbohydrate derivatives for glycobiology and other applications.
NZP manufactures a range of dietary supplement ingredients under GMP conditions.
In consultation with the aquaculture industry, NZP has developed Mixed Bile Acids, which is easily incorporated into feeds.
NZP-Dextra manufactures specialist and niche chemicals, especially bile acids, complex oligosaccharides and other sugar derivatives.
- Multi-step syntheses manufactured to your specification
- Gram to multi-kilogram scale.
- Process optimisation
- Long term manufacturing contracts from kilograms to tonnes per annum.
Amongst the Dextra and NZP manufacturing specialties are:
- Bile acid derivatives; for example glycocholic acid
- Sugar derivatives
- Chemical and enzyme synthesis (custom synthesis)
- Natural product extraction and purification from biomass (marine and terrestrial products, small molecule bioactives and polymers)
- Chemical modification of natural products (GMP)
NZP's Manufacturing technologies include:
- Chemical and enzyme synthesis in glass or stainless steel
- Natural product extraction and purification from biomass (marine and terrestrial products)
- Anhydrous or inert gas blanket chemistry
- Enzyme and chemical hydrolyses
- Large scale aqueous and organic solvent extraction
- Ion-exchange purification
- Filtration and centrifugation
- Freeze drying - GMP
- Also: spray, vacuum, oven tray drying, crystallisation
- Milling (grinding)
- ISO Class 8 clean rooms